Sunday, June 30, 2013

What is an adventure?


We're back. 
Baby got back. 
Back in black. 
Back to Bedlam. 
Baby back ribs. 
Back in the USSR. 
More back than the Backstreet Boys. 
We're back. 

Take this all with a grain of salt though, because the topic for this week is not exactly something I am proficient in. It's a topic about our grandest adventures. 
#IDon'tUsuallyGoOnALotOfThem

Had this been a topic three months ago, I don't think I would have even posted. Maybe I would have thought if something, but I don't think it would have been anything other than a stream of pretentious consciousness.  (See, aren't you glad I didn't continue with alliteration?)
I think that before I started thinking about adventure from a more…zoomed out perspective, I'd have said "No!"  Or something similar, then excusing myself for a lack of "adventure."
That doesn't really cut it. 
I mean, if you take your lens of life (Dear Lord help me, I sound like a self-help book.) and zoom it back in, you'll focus on things that are a little bit smaller, and in a lot of cases, this is a good thing. 

I think I was originally going to make this post about my trip to Kansas, but I'm already doing a series of posts about that over on my personal blog, attemptingadventure.tumblr.com 
So that sort of rules that option out, even though it was probably my biggest adventure to date.  
But then, there's also little adventures. 
One time last summer I went to the skate park with some friends and I would consider that an adventure, because of the little adventures it contained. 
Another "adventure" is when my friends and I would go up in the woods behind where we had our homeschool co-op and take the ladders and chairs that used to sit up there. (The woods back there have long since been cleared, but I bet the ladder and chairs are where we left them, nearly 10 years ago!) 

I think what I am trying to say, is that adventure is what you make of it, and that typing this could possibly be my biggest adventure, because I have no way of knowing where it's going to lead me. 

Thanks for reading and making this blog awesome. 
See you next week!

-Ranger


No comments:

Post a Comment