Monday, May 27, 2013

OH CRUD IT'S NINE PM AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF NOTHING FOR THE POST I WILL POUND OUT NONSENSE

It's my belief that to an extent I am the least qualified person on the planet to write in any detail about myself. Especially as a teenager, caught in that nether-region between the safe familiarity of childhood and the promise and mystery of what is to come. That doesn't help at all with my sense of Identity, this wiggly, slimy little fish that I'm trying to grab with my bare hands, one that I roll my pants up and wade into murky waters attempting to catch time and time again without much success. Besides the simple fact that the way I think of myself is almost certainly not the way you think of and/or will think of me (all three of you readers). But Ranger, the bossy-face he is, said to introduce myself. And I shall do my best.

First and foremost, I'm a Christian. I'm still unsure about a lot of things, but I'm trying to understand more and more about what exactly that means over time. Luckily for me, I have great friends who are wonderfully strong believers and they inspire me to grow in my faith more than any preacher could. Shout-out, yo. 
 
I guess the main thing about me other than that is that I like to create things. When I write, or I draw, I produce something with my consciousness with which to say “this is who I am,” other than myself in my body trying to talk to you or make a positive impression. These things that I create are more expressive of myself than I am in the flesh, in a sense.  
I can't be happy unless I have a way to pour out this excess existence into something else, and this often involves pencil and paper, whether I'm attempting art or trying to put words down in a semi-coherent way.
The reality of my situation, however, is that the stories I hold inside of me get warped and damaged on their difficult Odyssey from brain to the clickity-click of fingertips on a keyboard. It's like trying to roll a great big paper mache boulder down a mountain without it getting destroyed (or becoming disfigured beyond recognition). But I write to remember these stories, and I write because as guarded as I am sometimes, I really do want other people to see them. Someday I hope to be able to actually untangle this mess of thoughts to show as I have seen in the warm, cozy, and sometimes-lethal darkness of the viewing room in my mind. The projector flickers and sputters, but I crouch in front of it with my pencil and pad, scribbling things down as best I can. 
 
(...I draw though because I like to look at fanart pictures of my favorite characters. I have only recently taken up this hobby. Not quite so pretentious and brooding. x3 Sorry, writers just get that way. When God was handing out the traits, he knocked over the big Bucket-O'-Angst into our souls. We can't help it. Resistance to its sway is futile.)

Some Random and Mostly Useless Facts:
-The BBC ruined my life.
-I'm a lucky lucky ducky in that I have some fantastic friends, including in cliché homeschool-ness, my brother. Not that I don't love my four others, but we've been the David and Elizabeth Show since we were very little. So that's fun.
-I play piano, and I like to squeeze in learning modern arrangements of songs between Mozart pieces like a little Pilgrim girl sneaking sweets before dinner. Both my strictly-classical teacher and my mom dislike the “franticness” of the style I enjoy. But hey. Beats the dull, clangy plinking I perform for the other Pilgrim children and their parents at recitals.
-I also do tae kwan do and 4-H shooting sports, both of which are activities I admire from a safe distance but are terrifying and difficult once you're actually involved in them. The majority of the energy I devote to these things is fantasizing about being much better at them than I currently am.
-I smell books, and I adore the smooth blackness of ink, and I fell in love with words a long time ago.
-I enjoy anime and the celebration of Japanese culture. I dunno man. Something about it fascinates me. Besides the fact that a lot of anime I see seems extraordinarily frivolous and silly at first, but they open up into these massive hidden caves of stories with all kinds of twists and unexpected depth. The art style is really pleasing to my eyes as well, and it's something I hope to get better at replicating with my own pencil over time.
-I like to climb trees, ride roller coasters, and do anything that takes me to great heights and gives my adrenaline a boost.

tl;dr
I guess I'm just a derp with an internet and too much time to think. That's the way I view myself in a nutshell.
If you theoretically wanted to find me elsewhere, I live at these webbernet locations:
thejabberwocksden.tumblr.com (in which I reblog)
thejabberwocksden.blogspot.com (in which I blog, or have in the past, as I have been very neglectful of it)

Hope to see you around, metaphorically speaking in that internet sort of way.

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment